With TweetDeck I can:
1. Schedule my tweets
2. Watch only the tweets that have @davesnape in the heading. Yes, that means I don’t watch the main twitter stream!
3. Create individual columns that are keyed to the topics I am interested in.
Schedule My Tweets
1. I can actually schedule 24 hours of tweets or more in advance if I want to. Big time saver if I want to something other than be at my computer.
2. I can schedule replies to other tweets as well. This adds variety and interaction even when I’m not there.
3. I can use a click tracker to see what time a tweet gets the best response. – I do not have to be awake at 3:00 am to make that test.
Watch only the Tweets I want
By using the columns properly, I can just see the tweets I want to monitor.
I do not watch the regular twitter timeline – with over 106,000 followers it just isn’t practical.
I only get the tweets that have my twitter name in them with the Hash tags. That’s because I created a column for my twitter handle called ‘mentions’.
TweetDeck is Free
You can’t beat that!
TweetDeck Runs On My Desktop
I use a Mac so I just leave my TweetDeck running all of the time.
When I used TweetDeck on a PC it would crash frequently and use up too much memory. But I attribute that to the Windows OS. I don’t have any problems like that running TweetDeck on my Mac.
TweetDeck Is Now Run Owned By Twitter
TweetDeck was sold to Twitter a while back. Therefore you are more likely to get a seamless interaction with Twitter .
At least, they know what is going to break ahead of time. Or, they should!
Get your free copy of tweetdeck at TweetDeck.com