Is it possible to buy and profit from domains just like you would with Real Estate?
There may be multiple potential ways to make money from virtual ‘property’.
Consider that you may be able to purchase domains and use them in the following ways:
1. Hold them while they increase in value
2. Using a Parking Service to display ads and make money from the domains existing traffic.
3. Redirect the expired domain to an affiliate program (especially one related to the domain name) and make a profit off of sales – without stocking any product.
4. Redirect the traffic to a domain you already own and profit from, thereby benefiting from the daily traffic that the additional domain was already getting. (avoid expensive PPC on high dollar keywords)
5. Sell the domain and profit, some domain names can sell for thousands, tens of thousand, hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars. But what if you sold some for a few hundred dollars of profit?
The Internet may still be a reservoir of untapped revenue potential, much like Real Estate still is in the offline world.
Find more information [AFF] on how to profit from domain names, including all of the above and more. The author claims to have created special software for information collection and the infrastructure to support it.
In case you were wondering how you will find and obtain domains of potential high value, there is software to automate the process. With this software you can quickly scoop domains you have had your eye on when they become available.
Once, I was looking for a particular domain that became available. I found it and it was available. I procrastinated for a few hours and it was gone. It was a good domain name. It could very well be that someone using the above software or something similar snagged it.
If you are not familiar with domain names and what they are, here is a collection of short articles on domains that can help explain the basics.
Yes, it is true that many online businesses fail. That’s no different from the ‘real’ world, is it?
One of the cool things about Internet investing is that you can start with a much smaller amount to get to profits than in the ‘real’ world.
A domain name may cost 10$ to 150$ or more but you really don’t find Real Estate investments that are that inexpensive. (not very often)
Consider that you may be able to pick up domain names that are undervalued, tap into the profit potential and create a great revenue source for yourself or just outright sell the domain for a higher price that may reflect the greater (hidden) value you discovered.
This is similar to Real Estate investing. People buy houses to resell and make a profit from.
Sometimes they fix the property up before they resell.
Sometimes they rent the property to make a passive income from.
Just like in the real world, domains are like property that you can buy, sell or develop. The potential is endless.
There are places where you can sell your domains, just like you can sell Real property.
Domain name investing is one more way to profit on the Internet.
Be careful and do your research.
Just like Real Estate, you have to learn the ropes.
Investing in domains may have a learning curve, just like Real Estate investing. Of course, there is no guarantee that your investment will pay off. That is called risk.
Manage your risk and your investments well and you can prosper. Proceed with caution. And remember there are no guarantees.
But you knew that already, didn’t you?