Christmas is right around the corner. Somehow it feels like we all look forward to this one as 2016 was one of the most eventful years in the past decade. With all the joy and festivity this time of the year brings with it, I can’t help but notice that two key ingredients are making this holiday stand out from others. Snow and decorations.
Now depending on what part of the globe you reside in, you might not associate Christmas with snow, or at least not empirically. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t have a snowman in your yard or perhaps in your living room. For those of us living in the parts of the globe that don’t get much snow (or none at all), this can be a perfect gift.
Let me make a case for it:
- It is easily deployable and removable.
- It folds down for easy storage.
- It comes with all the bells and whistles (well not actual bells and whistles but you know what I mean).
- It looks really nice.
- It’s quite affordable and it can be used for at leas a couple of holiday seasons.
- It’s really fun.
- Did I mention it’s easy to deploy?
- It’s not that big and it can easily fit indoors as well.
- It’s cheap, but it doesn’t look like it is.
- It lights up!
- And yeah, it’s really, really fun!
I know I noted a couple of reasons twice, but it’s a holiday season, you guys won’t mind. So picture this: It’s snowing, you get outside with your family and create a nice snowman. But since we didn’t bother to watch the rate of fuel consumption over the last 100 years, it’s probably not gonna last for more than a couple of days. But you still feel good and festive and are reminded of the holidays you spent as a kid. So the last day before it melts, you deploy your Gemmy and you get to keep reminiscing for as long as you want (or until you get so sick of eating enormous amounts of food just because it’s Christmas!).
Or, if you are like me, put up a tree in the living room, cram in your inflatable snowman and Santa Claus, and get started on that eggnog (spike it with extra rum). If you get two of them, you get free shipping. So Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!